A healthy, delicious juice recipe you can make at home with kids!
ENTER GIVEAWAY to win this juicer! http://bit.ly/NutriProJuicer
1) Leave a comment with a name for the juice we made. =)
2) Must be SUBSCRIBED to the What’s Up MOMS? YouTube channel (http://bit.ly/sub2moms)
3) Like or Thumbs Up this video
3) Like our NEW Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/whatsupmoms
GIVEAWAY closes August 24, 2013! Winners will announced on our Facebook and notified through YouTube messaging on August 24th.
Special thanks to Brooke & the Bella NUTRIPRO Juicer!
Fresh Roots and Fruits Juice
– 3 Large Apples (any variety), cored and quartered
– 3 Large Pears (any variety), cored and quartered
– 1 lb of carrots, (tops removed), quartered
– 2-3 Large Beets (tops removed), quartered
– Lemon, to taste (optional)
1) Put all ingredients through juicer, alternating hard and soft fruits and vegetables.
2) Be sure to follow specific directions for your particular juicer.
IF YOU DON’T OWN A JUICER, you can use a blender and a sieve and/or jelly strainer bags/cheesecloth. See these blogs for great examples!
Easy guideline for when it’s really important to buy ORGANIC produce: http://static.ewg.org/reports/2013/foodnews2013/docs/pdf/2013EWGPesticideGuide.pdf
WARNING: Many doctors recommend avoiding unpasteurized juices while pregnant or if you have reduced immune system. See link…
STORAGE GUIDELINES: In general, try to store unused juice in glass containers in your refrigerator and consume them as soon as possible. I have read (and many of the pressed juice stores say) you can save it up to 3 days, but I try to store it for no longer than 24 hours since it’s unpasteurized. Check with a doctor if you’re concerned.
What to do with leftover pulp: compost, pet food, veggie burgers.
Here are some awesome resources for other juice RECIPES:
“What to do with leftover pulp…” http://www.thekitchn.com/7-ways-to-use-juicer-pulp-131801
1 cup of spinach leaves
1/3 inch of ginger root
1 Granny Smith Apple
1 Cup Pineapple
3 Kale Leaves
1 Handful Mint
1/2 Lemon (remove peel)
We provide our videos for entertainment and promotional purposes only. It is your responsibility to evaluate the accuracy, timeliness, completeness, or usefulness of the content, instructions and advice contained in our videos. WUM is not liable for any loss or damage caused by your reliance on anything contained in our videos.